Does your marketing feel like throwing spaghetti against a wall? You never know what, if anything, is going to stick? Most businesses find marketing feels like that when they start. Yet it is possible to have highly effective marketing.
The first is by accident, but that rarely happens. And having it accidentally happen for you is extremely unlikely. The second is by measuring your marketing effectiveness. Most who learn how to correctly measure their marketing actually become effective with their marketing.
Marketing is about connecting with people and not just in the obvious way of selling products or services. It’s also about connecting people with other people and connecting them to ideas and causes they care about. So how do we best measure such results?
Knowing what to measure is a problem you will face. And part of the issue is it depends on a lot of factors.
Great Marketing Metrics For Measuring Effectiveness
The only way to know if your marketing is effective is to measure it. The top five key metrics in effective marketing include:
- How many prospects see your ads. This is an important metric because it’s the first step toward getting people interested in your company or product. If you’re not reaching as many people as possible, then you’re not going to get nearly as many sales as you could be making.
- How many prospects that see your ads are intrigued by them long enough to slow down and pay attention. This is another important metric because it shows that you have something worth checking out. If you don’t have this kind of reaction from people, then they’ll just keep on walking and never think of buying from you again.
- How many intrigued prospects are compelled to action. This is another important metric because it shows whether or not someone wants what you’re offering right away — or if they need more convincing before they’ll buy anything from you at all. It also shows how many times they’ll need to see something before they’re ready to commit to buying it (or not).
- How many acting prospects receive an offer. Acting prospects are people who have expressed interest in your product or service. They haven’t bought yet, but they have done something to indicate their interest, like fill out a form or request more information.
- How many pitched prospects make a purchase Pitched prospects are those who have been contacted by a salesperson, either through phone calls or emails. They have had the opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the product or service before making a decision to buy it.
These can be coupled with other metrics to help your marketing truly reach your target audience. And when done correctly, you’ll be amazed at the potential growth your business can achieve. That potential growth is exactly what makes marketing measurements an important part of CFO services.
Effective Marketing and CFO Services That Take Your Business to The Next Level
With these tips, you can make your business stronger, and find the kind of success you’re looking for. So what do you think? Do you believe that marketing can take you to the next level? Are you ready for CFO services from a Utah-based business that can help you get there? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Just give us a call at (385) 247-0165.
At Wasatch CPA Services we serve clients all over the United States, but we are proud to call Spanish Fork, UT. home. Let’s book a time to talk.